Papua New Guinea - Kunjin
Coffee is a fruit and just like strawberries and blueberries, it's seasonal! Our Papua New Guinea Kunjin is currently out of season. If you loved its smoky sweetness and notes of grape and praline, you might like to try our White Grape to Black Cherry category.
FROM THE GEEK FILE
- COUNTRY: Papua New Guinea
- REGION: Waghi Valley
- FARM: Various Small-holders
- PROCESS: Fully washed and Dried in Central Mill
- VARIETY: Arusha and Blue Mountain
- ALTITUDE: 1,400 - 1,800 meters
- CUPPING NOTES: Pralines, Green Grapes, Cedar
Why You'll Love it: Made with a coffee variety descended from the Jamaican Blue Mountains, this brew delivers an unmatched, refined sweetness.
Story of the bean: In the 1920s, seeds from the famed Blue Mountain region of Jamaica were the first coffee to ever be planted in Papua New Guinea. These days, the coffee plants are thriving in the high altitudes near the Waghi Valley. Sweet and distinctive in taste, with notes of grape and cedar, this Kunjin coffee stays true to its excellent lineage.